Monday, June 4, 2012

Upcycled Sweatpants Tutorial


My favorite sweatpants are the "boyfriend" pants from Victoria's Secret, mostly because you can cut the bottom and make them the length you need them... being super short this is pretty ideal for me.  The only problem is I got snip happy and cut my favorite pair a bit too short.  To wear them in public and not look dumb I had to sag them around my mid-butt area... still looked dumb, of course. So, I found this solution:
I cut them to about 2 inches lower than mid-calf.  Then I snipped a very small hole about 2 inches about my knee (this is important because the fabric stretched after I tied them up, so the smaller the hole the better), and then inserted a white ribbon and tied a bow!

I LOVE them now! They're so cute and comfy and perfect for the summer weather :)

I found the idea originally from this site:
http://www.lovemaegan.com/2010/05/refashion-old-sweat-pants-diy-super.html

No comments:

Post a Comment